Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •The digital thermometer
- •The 'good' ice cream scoop
- •The little orange bowl
- •My "Weird Al" Yankovic doll.
- •MelodicaA little musical sequencer toy.
- •Playing CarlTalking Carl with musical instruments. Exploding piano is a fav.
- •Lightsaber FXThe only official Lucasfilm Lightsaber app. Looks like they gave up on it years ago.
- •Scorekeeper XLReally great score keeping app. I really hope they update it.
I just upgraded from a 2007 Chevy HHR. Here are a few things about it that my new car doesn't do.
- •Automatic HeadlightsWhen it gets dark out, the headlights go on. It's optional on my new car, but didn't come with my trim model.
- •Automatic volume adjustmentWhen the car goes faster, the radio gets louder. I miss this several times a day!
- •Automatic door locksWhen you put it in gear, the doors lock. When you put it in park, they unlock. I keep having to remember to lock the doors in my new car.
- •Other stuff I hardly used, but still miss.Dashboard glove compartment, remote start, 10 minutes of power after you remove your key, storage under the floor
- •An "Attachments" folder in the Photos appInstead of going thru all my messages to save photo attachments it would be nice if iOS just put them all in one place for me.
- •An iTunes app button in the Music app.It would be nice if I could tap a button to take me to the iTunes Store to buy a song instead of only being offered an Apple Music subscription.
- •Anniversary calculations in Calendar appIt's great that the Calendar app reminds me it's my friends' anniversary, but why not tell me which anniversary so I know what kind of gift to get them? You do it for birthdays.
I've always named my cars. Because, growing up, all my favorite cars had names.
- •Chitty Chitty Bang BangSleek as a thorobred, seats like a featherbed.
- •The Mach 5Adventure's waiting just ahead!
- •Herbie the Love BugThe incredible little car who shifts for himself!
The computer games I couldn't get enough of when I was playing them.
- •Spectre ('91)The classic capture the flag, tank battle game for Macintosh. It was one of the first games you could play over a network against other people. My signature move was firing while driving in reverse.
- •The Incredible Machine ('92)I would stay up half the night playing this Rube Goldberg machine construction game. So much fun.
- •Myst ('93)The game everyone was playing. It was a primary reason to buy a CD drive. I played every night for a couple weeks when I got it and finished during a marathon weekend session. (I had to cheat on the maze in the Selenitic Age) Speaking of Marathon…
And the people who told me so
- •Harold LloydMy grandmother
- •Sean LennonMy mother
- •Kyle ChandlerMy mother
Emojis that don't, but should, exist.
- •A flag at half mast
- •A black arm band
- •A person saluting
The best thing about this is what it says
- •The only thing is that you can get it right now
- •I'm not going to get my money
- •I love the way you are not in my room
- •The thing in my car when I brake hardI was only going 20 mph! And that guy cut me off! Should I not brake!? Ugh!
- •The printer at work when it needs paperCan't you just tell me you're out of paper when I try to print something?
- •Someone else's cell phoneI don't know who's it is, but it's somewhere on this floor. And whoever is calling is not giving up.
- •The water fountain filter alarmI remember when we didn't use to filter water. I used to drink right out of the hose when I was a kid.