KARAOKE SONGS YOU CAN CRUSH WITH OR WITHOUT A GOOD VOICE.
These kill no matter what. Inspired by @gcowles
- •"Yellow Ledbetter" by Pearl Jam. Don't look at the lyrics. Tell the audience not to either. Growl it out like your mouth is full of whiskey-soaked ice.
- •"Gypsy" by Fleetwood Mac. For the tone-deaf, this little number can be belted out in the style of Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey in "The Cable Guy." You will be congratulated.
- •"Zombie" by the Cranberries. Enough said.
- •"Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead. Though it can get falsetto, keep it flat as Kansas (the state). A slower song that doesn't kill the mood.
- •"Walking on a Dream" by Empire of the Sun. A thicker book gem. Let the machine sing the higher notes of the hook ("is it real now?/when two people become one), or throw everyone for a loop and speak it like the poetry it is.
- •"Just like Heaven" by the Cure. Extremely forgiving on the vocals. Bounce around, work the crowd.
- •"She's An Angel" by They Might Be Giants. It's basically a hilarious audiobook. Only found in the deeper books.
- •"Common People" by Pulp. Listen to Shatner's version for inspiration.
- •"Blinded by the Light" by Springsteen. (In the style of Manfried Mann's Earth Band). Great to speak-sing. Plus saying "revved up like a douche" over and over does not get old.
- •"I Will Always Love You" by Parton/Houston. Just kidding.
- •Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob DylanIt's rollicking fun and it has no discernible melody. Memorize the lyrics beforehand and blow people away no matter what set of pipes you're working with. Plays well with whatever substance you're abusing that particular evening.Suggested by @jonathan
- •Paradise City by Guns 'n' RosesIt's all about volume with this song. You don't need to sing but if you have the right energy and/or can yell really loud, you can get the audience behind you and singing/yelling along.Suggested by @eatthelove