WHAT I LOVE ABOUT ™
Not trademarking things (tho that has its own thrill level, to be sure). Talking 'bout Transcendental Meditation. Do any Listers do it? I know @lenadunham has sung TM's praises.
- •Russell Brand called it a "mental shower." I agree...
- •...I experience TM closer to a dive. Like pearl diving. I'm in utter darkness, and there is some glowing white piece of energy I'm heading towards.
- •People have asked me about the price. Is it worth it? For me, absolutely. As a copywriter in advertising and a fiction writer in life, I've received so many ideas. Not during meditation, but after.
- •Like my mind had chewed over the idea during the day, and TM helped me digest it.
- •I decided to do TM for several reasons.
- •I had started a challenging job at a great ad agency in Portland.
- •I felt I was consuming so much info throughout the day: news, Twitter, images. My mind needed a break.
- •It seemed Portland itself was throwing off TM vibes (I may not have learned had I remained in NYC). The city was telling me I should do it while I was there.
- •Plus, my grandfather had done it. When I was little, I thought he was just taking a nap. I've never been good/enjoyed naps. So TM is that break for me, minus waking up grumpy.
- •Finally, though I liked other forms of meditation, I became nervous if I was doing something wrong: letting my mind wander, not getting the breath right, etc.
- •There's no wrong with TM. It's one of the best investments I've ever made.
- •20 mins. first thing in the am, 20 mins. at night. A free vacation!Suggested by @angusisley