REASONS WHY I LOVE KOREAN FOOD EVEN THOUGH IM A WHITE GIRL
I married a Korean dude so I could eat Korean food more often.
- •It's cleanMost Korean food is a combo of veggies and meat
- •It's spicyDepending on what you order, it's usually spicy in various ways- always flavorful. If it's not spicy, you can easily add it with a side dish (kim chee)
- •Tons of soupsI could - and do- eat soup for breakfast lunch and dinner. My favorites are kim chee soup and tofu soup- oh yeah- and fermented soy bean soup. After I had babies my mother in law brought me seaweed soup everyday for a month- um- ok- yum!
- •Tangy and sweet and savoryKorean food always involves a bit of tangy. Kim chee, fermented soybean paste, and pickled veggies. It really just rounds out a meal. Every bite can potentially involve all of these- like a piece of galbi ( marinated beef that's slightly sweet) a bit of kim chee wrapped in s pice of seaweed. Perfect.
- •It communalI'm a big fan of long meals with tons of friends. When you go eat Korean bar-b-que. it takes hours. It's fun- you can snack a bit and come back. Very social- I also like fondue for the same reason.
- •Fruit for dessertAt Korean markets they always have amazing fruit. Crunchy peaches, giant grapes, and melons of all kinds. My husband's family always cuts up fruit after a meal- whatever is in season. It's the best- and it stops you (me) from eating crap.