TECHNICAL WORDS TO USE TO IMPRESS YOUR HAIRSTYLIST
Basics of hair cutting
- •Concave/convex.These words are used in hair dressing, but it can get confusing on a round head. Study up!
- •GraduationThe building of weight- anywhere on the head.
- •Bangs vs. fringeIf you live in America we say bangs. If you are from England, or any British colony you say - fringe.
- •Volume, lift, or height.Usually means a big blow dry- it can also mean adding some teasing or back combing.
- •We actually talk about the bones of the headTemporal, occipital, parietal. These bones are important - for sectioning and for some people who have exaggerated head shapes- you can help by working with these guys.
- •LayersLayers are the removal of weight. You can have shorter or longer layers. But they are always blended. There is no such thing as one or two layers.
- •Point cutting vs clean linesPinot cutting add a softness to the shape. Clean lines are - well clean.
- •Razor cutting or taking out weight.Razor cutting is an extreme way of making a cut soft. Taking weight out. You can do the whole cut with a razor or do the cut with scissors then remove weight with a razor.
- •Ok- now you have too much information about hair cutting!