TV I WATCHED WITH MY PARENTS GROWING UP
Inspired by @bjnovak
- •The SimpsonsOn Sunday nights after family dinners and sometimes a family meeting, too. People who did not allow their children to watch the Simpsons found our Sunday agenda confusing.
- •The WaltonsGoodnight, John Boy. Goodnight, Mary Ellen.
- •Star Trek: The Next GenerationThis show in particular was (and still is) dear to my father's heart. He used to tape the episodes on VHS and show clips to his college students. He loved the ethical dilemmas and exploration of human nature. It is still our favorite thing to watch together.
- •Law & OrderSo I only just now realized that this must have been the origin for my fondness for the much belittled genre of crime TV shows. I don't like all of them, but I have a soft spot for the really nerdy ones. I know the word phalanges because of Bones - see, it's educational!
- •SeinfeldMostly before I understood a lot of it. That stuff was whooshing over my head. I was like, "shrinkage?" And then picked up that it was one of those Things Which You Would Rather Not Know Than Ask Your Parents About. We didn't watch it as much; I think my mom thought it was too risqué for me.