Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •This must be what it's like to be a grown up
- •What if my flight is cancelled and I'm stranded in New YorkWould that really be the worst thing in the world?
- •Everyone on my flight is gonna be wearing a sweater
Last weekend I was at brunch with my dad's three sisters. One of them mentioned she was going to Vermont. Another responded "beautiful this time of year," and the rest of us finished "all that snow"
- •"If you were in New York, sir, you'd have to pay 6.60 or even 8.80"Just some good comedic number work
- •"Without so much as a 'kiss my foot' or 'have an apple'lWhat's that voice?!?!? What does that mean??!!?!?
- •FRECKLE-FACE HAYNES, THE DOG FACED BOYThe best part of this line/bit, I think, is that in some writers room in the 50s, a bunch of dudes decided that it was so funny. "This is going to play so well, you guys"
- •I stress personal responsibility
- •There should be less discussion of vaginas
- 1.It's nice that this ad has a gay, interracial couple! Representation is important!
- 2.But it's too bad that this ad is resorting to weird/outdated (?) stereotypes! Is that the only thing this company knows about gay men? That they like musicals?
- 3.It doesn't even look like they are using their Manhattan mini storage unit for their musical memorabilia! It's just... Open baskets full of hangers? And clothes on racks! That's not how you store clothes!!3.5 Are we supposed to believe that they are using open wooden and woven baskets!? That's totally inefficient for storing things! And they look decorative! I bet it took time for them to source those rustic wooden boxes!
> cult classics
- •Teen Witch
- •The Craft
- •Hocus Pocus
I am also babysitting for a human baby
- •Are you kidding me with that dainty foot right now
- •You fit on a throw pillow!!!!
- •You sleep all the time!!!
- •Dirty Dancing
- •White Christmas
- •Little Fur Family by Margaret Wise BrownFirst of all, MWB is my number one Margaret idol--we share a love of Maine, our name, and rhymes. LFF is the weirdest tiny book in the entire world. It doesn't rhyme, it features strange creatures, and rivals Dali re: surrealism.
- •Corduroy by Don FreemanI memorized this book when I was 2, I loved it so much. Cute as heck. Major props for featuring POC and loving beyond imperfections.
- •The Rooster Struts by Richard ScarryAnimal bottoms.
- •Koko the frickin gorilla**Not technically a person, but close enough.