BEST FAMILIES I'VE NANNIED
I've babysat and nannied for literally half my life and come across a lot of different family styles. Some better than others. Here are the better ones
- •Any family who spends time showing me how to use the wifi/remote for their fancy tvListen, I love kids. But let's be honest, at some point they are going to go to sleep or be occupied and I'm gonna want to check what's happening on the Internet/with the kardashians. Also, by giving me the wifi password, you are preventing the light snooping I was going to do (also, shot-in-the-dark password guessing "child'sfirstnameyeartheywereborn" " pet'sname" "address")
- •Any family with good snacksBasically the same as above. I'm a person, people!!!! Trader joe's chocolate bars? Weird fancy chips? Yes please. Bonus points for anyone who tells me to "help myself"
- •The super cool family who lived next door to me when I lived off campus in college.Cool mom, hottie dad, hip kids. These children dressed better than I did and will almost certainly be cooler for me for the rest of my life. Once the 5 year old drew smiley faces all over my crossword puzzles. The 3 year old had a little mouse he called "blue bear." The littlest was a BABY, so automatically cool. We'd hang out, they'd go to sleep, and I'd watch cable and eat snacks.
- •The nannying job I had in grad schoolI got to hang out with a blond curly haired baby. She slept a lot and I did my homework. When she woke up we hang out. I had a nanny friend and we'd all go to the aquarium together. Got to have a hip, young, mom fantasy without the sleep deprivation.
- •The three year old I nannied for in high schoolShe was the best little lady I ever knew. It's weird to be friends with a 3 year old but we had a lot of fun that summer. They had a little tv and pretty mediocre snacks, but her and her mom's heart were so sweet it didn't even matter.