NANNY TRANSMISSION/FORMER CHILD: FAVORITE BOOKS FOR BABES
- •Little Fur Family by Margaret Wise BrownFirst of all, MWB is my number one Margaret idol--we share a love of Maine, our name, and rhymes. LFF is the weirdest tiny book in the entire world. It doesn't rhyme, it features strange creatures, and rivals Dali re: surrealism.
- •Corduroy by Don FreemanI memorized this book when I was 2, I loved it so much. Cute as heck. Major props for featuring POC and loving beyond imperfections.
- •The Rooster Struts by Richard ScarryAnimal bottoms.
- •Time of Wonder by Robert McCloskeyI am never cozier than when I think about the hurricane scene in this book.
- •Press Here by Herve TulletAware of its own textuality? Yes please