THOUGHTS I HAVE ABOUT THIS AD FOR MANHATTAN MINI STORAGE
- 1.It's nice that this ad has a gay, interracial couple! Representation is important!
- 2.But it's too bad that this ad is resorting to weird/outdated (?) stereotypes! Is that the only thing this company knows about gay men? That they like musicals?
- 3.It doesn't even look like they are using their Manhattan mini storage unit for their musical memorabilia! It's just... Open baskets full of hangers? And clothes on racks! That's not how you store clothes!!3.5 Are we supposed to believe that they are using open wooden and woven baskets!? That's totally inefficient for storing things! And they look decorative! I bet it took time for them to source those rustic wooden boxes!
- 4.Wait... Is that.. A menorah? So in addition to being gay and interracial, at least one of these men is Jewish and/or collects Judaic memorabilia ("we like our religious objects, but we love Manhattan mini storage"?).It's clearly not packed, either!! Why would these men be using their mini storage unit to DISPLAY their menorahs/vintage cameras?! Are they using this unit as another living area?? Is this a call for help!
- 5.Is it my stop yet? I hate the train.