How I Know I'm Getting Older
An ongoing list
- •Oatmeal with fruit always sounds good for breakfast. Raisin Bran is always on a solid backup.
- •I think about getting my oil change and tires rotated on my car.When you work hard and finally have a reliable vehicle, you take pride in it and want to take care of it.
- •I take daily medicine now. Nothing serious but it's enough of a reminder I'm not 22 anymore. Although I'm probably in much better health and state of mind now than when I was 22.
- •I'm starting to care less what people think.This is huge for me. I had been told the older I got the less and less I would begin to worry or care and it's true.
- •I tend to operate better on 6 hours of sleep than 8-10.This probably has nothing to do with getting older
- •I think about (and worry) too much about the future.When I was younger there was time for everything. I don't feel as much like that anymore.
- •I'm more strict on my time and who I give my energy too.It used to be everyone, I'm learning it's okay to say no to some things and take care of me if necessary.
- •Injuries take longer to healAnd sunburns are much worse the older you get. I think mainly because you know better and you're just mad at yourself.
- •I notice very little things I used to never pay attention to.I don't think I have more time, but how a tree leans from the breath of wind or how birds chase each other. Just slowing down and appreciating things more than I used to.
- •I am concerned I'm not getting enough vitamins in my diet.My leg cramps must fully be a potassium deficiency. Time to eat more bananas.