Things on screen that have made me weep the way my mom used to at the Hallmark commercials that aired during trashy Sunday night movies.
- •The Six Feet Under finale.I will hear no word against SFU, and the finale is exquisitely sad and satisfying at the same time.
- •Parenthood (every other episode, basically)Jason Katims lives to make his viewers cry, and I am among his devotees.
- •Homeward BoundMy late father in law used to tear up when one of his kids teased him with, "Oh, Peter." I miss him. I'm crying a little now, Google image searching for a photo of Shadow.
- •HIMYM, when Marshall's dad dies.His face. Lily's face. "I'm not ready for this."
- •TitanicI saw it 7 times in the theater when I was thirteen. It's there, forever, in a soft adolescent corner of my heart (will gooooo onnnnnnn). #sorrynotsorry
- •RudyMusic plays, cue the tears.
- •Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the entire episode of "The Body", though especially Anya's speech.But I don't understand, I don't understand how this all happens, how we go through this, I mean I knew her, and now she's...there's just a body, and I don't understand how come she just can't get back in it and not be dead anymore. It's stupid! It's mortal! and it's stupid! Xander's crying & not talking, & I was having fruit punch & I was thinking that well Joyce will never have fruit punch, ever, & she'll never have eggs, or yawn, or brush her hair, not ever, and no one will explain to me why.
- •Friday Night Lights, when Matt's dad diesGoddamn it, Katims. I clearly cannot handle it when parents die.