THE WORDS OF PAUL WELLSTONE
In honor of the late, great(est) Senator from Minnesota, who died on this day in 2002 in a plane crash.
- •"Never separate the life you live from the words you speak."
- •"Politics isn't about big money or power games; it's about the improvement of people's lives."Or, "Politics is about doing well for people." I think of this one often. It's why I was a political science major in college.
- •"I represent the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party."This was from his 2000 Presidential exploratory campaign. I've been enjoying Bernie Sanders anger and pull to the left in this year's campaign, but I wish the big green bus was going national.
- •"We can remake the world daily."
- •"The first task in teaching is to bring to consciousness what the students already believe by virtue of their personal experiences about themselves and society."
- •"If we don't fight hard enough for the things we stand for, at some point we have to recognize that we don't really stand for them."Just a little reminder to vote, organize and support the good fight.