WRITE ON! 6 WRITING PROMPTS FOR YOUR WEEK. (AT LEAST 2 ARE LIST FRIENDLY!)
Like these? I save my best for class. Offered online this winter: https://www.loft.org/classes/detail/?loft_product_id=160519
- •(Fiction) A woman's phone rings and when she picks it up a song she has not heard since childhood is playing, faintly, on the other end.Who is calling? What does she do? What happens when the song ends?
- •(Nonfiction) When was the last time you felt sweat slip down your back?Write the scene, but you cannot use the following words: sweat, wet, damp, chill, or shivered.
- •(Fiction) Take a character from fiction you love or fiction you've written and imagine what they'd include on a list of their top 5 greatest fears.To keep writing/listing move on to: top 5 greatest desires, top 5 greatest SECRET desires, or top 5 regrets. (What does it say about that character?)
- •(Nonfiction) Tell me about the American Dream.What does it look like? What does it feel like? What are the images, words, or scenes that invoke it?
- •(Fiction) It starts to snow in LA.And then?
- •(Nonfiction) Think of someone close to you, but who is not related to you. List 4 of your favorite memories with that person, and 1 of your least favorite.(Li.sters should like this one!) Using only those memories, write a history of your relationship as if you were introducing them to your family for the first time.