FAVORITE JAPANESE PRODUCTS
Open to Suggestions
- •Rohto V Eye DropsThe brief sensation of your eyes as frozen grapes. There's 3 levels - the coldest 'Arctic' is my eye-deal, but they're a bit tough to find in stores. Right now I have the second level 'Ice' but it's never the same after Arctic. They don't sting, they just make your eyeballs really, really cold. It's refreshing! There's more kinds now? But I haven't seen or tried them.
- •MentholatumMy parents used this for everything when I was a kid: cuts, pimples, bug bites, rashes, potential external infections, bruises, etc. It's still my go-to for most of these things, though I'm not sure if it works because it works or if it works because I believe in it. In high school a random girl said she always used it for her lips. I tried it and it actually does a little plumping, and has a nice glossy finish - but you can't lick your lips. Good for a natural look.
- •SalonpasThis is what my grandpa smelled like. When I use it people say I also smell like an old Asian man... The joke's on them though because it feels amazing. It's like icy hot but old school. I slap it on all my muscle aches. I admit, this might be purely preferential.
- •PockyClassic is great. All the new varieties are great. Consistently great.
- •Japanese candiesFruit gummies that taste like real fruit, milk candies (hard and soft), strawberry chocolate chips, gummies coated in a soft chocolate shell, hard candies, flavored sugar that just looks adorable, etc. - everything with the cartoon girl with pigtails is legit. The feels are the same down the Japanese candy aisle as a child and an adult.
- •Nail clippers?According to my tour guide in Japan that's a product the Japanese are known for? I got some and I like them. Same warning as my tour guide offered: make sure they're made in Japan.