FIGHT OFF THAT SORE THROAT
Ever since I got my tonsils removed (aged 5) I only ever get a sore throat and the sniffles whenever a cold hits me. Here's what I do to get back ob my feet asap!
- •Catch it at the first sign.Do the following whenever you feel a cold or sore throat coming.
- •Gurgle soluble paracetamol.Best tip ever! Dissolve a soluble paracetamol 500 tablet in 100ml of water and gurgle for as long as possible. I only swallow the mixture if I have a fever or headache, otherwise just spit out. I do that 3-4 times a day depending on how bad it is. If you do swallow it make sure you're not going over the daily paracetamol allowance.
- •Medicated lozenge for the pain.If it gets really bad, I'll get some Strepsil's to numb the pain but also to help keep my throat lubricated.
- •Ben & Jerry's... 😏Sore throat + cold ice cream = numb throat and lots of bubbly happy feelings. Always a win/win.
- •Drink.Like a boss - I'll have to have a constant flow of fluids through my body to get healthy again. Weirdly I am always craving apple juice when I'm ill - anyone else?! 🙄
- •Rest.DO: Sleep, doze, surf, read, listen to music. DON'T: move.