JOBS I'VE HAD
In the 24 years of my existence and the 6 years I was legally allowed to work full time, I've had the following jobs...
- •Dentist's assistantFor realz - they let me work there with no medical training and assist at a dental operation ON MY FIRST DAY! It was bloody...
- •Chocolate factory workerWrapping bars of chocolate nicely and noshing on those that weren't so pretty! 💁🏼🍫
- •TranslatorEnglish/German. For websites, manuals and also one very dubious film producer who ran into trouble with the German law!
- •Wedding photographerOne wedding, with a crappy Konica Minolta. Maybe that's why it only remained one...
- •Private teacherEnglish - for people who had a real hard time learning and concentrating.
- •SecretaryPrinting letters, folding them, putting them in an envelope and sending them off. Occasionally, copying.
- •JournalistLocal newspaper in Scotland and student newspaper at my alma mater. Also local radio.
- •NeuroscientistThat's what I would prefer to do all day, but for now it's only a distant memory... Of labs, brains, pipettes, formaldehyde solutions, scales, skimmed milk powder and DAB... 🙁😔
- •Video game translatorCurrently. Fun factor: -1 😤