Favorite Places in Brookline, MA
- •Brookline BooksmithAnd its amazing used book cellar.
- •Busy Bee dinerAuthentic diner experience, complete with crabby (yet loveable) waitresses and unreliable hours. Best omelettes of my life time and time again.
- •Tatte cafe and bakeryAcross the street from the Busy Bee you can find this (much classier) establishment with fucking delicious pastries and good coffee. Their sandwiches are bananas. Anytime I'm home I make a point to attack their savory pastries.
- •Coolidge Corner theaterWhere do I begin? The 24 hour horror movieathon every Halloween? The constant rotation of amazing indie movies? The themed sing along nights? The red velvet CURTAIN that OPENS to reveal your MOVIE on the SCREEN?????
- •Larz Anderson park and auto museumThese rolling hills are where I went sledding and ice skating as a child. My beautiful sister @Lu had her wedding here and it was fucking magical. MAGICAL.
- •Arnold ArboretumPretty walks, pretty trees, pretty life.
- •Longwood MallSmall and quaint, this park holds hundred-plus years old beech trees with long, gnarled branches that are perfect to read under. Around the corner from my childhood home.
- •Summit Ave parkUnconfirmed highest point in town, great views of the city.
- •Allston DinerBest fried chicken sandwich that has ever graced my facebuds.
- •Anna's TaqueriaBest quesadilla, which is actually a fried burrito.
- •El Pelon taqueriaBest burrito.
- •Publick HouseGreat beer, greater burgers.
- •Amory park and garden sanctuaryOne part baseball field and dog park, one part lush walk through gorgeous vegetation. And tennis courts, if you're into that sort of thing.
- •Very homesick now.
- •Also, really hungry.