Books I Have Read More Than Once
- •The Phantom Tollbooth - Norton JusterCece: I *love* "The Phantom Tollbooth." Schmidt: Of course you do. You're a human being.
- •The Princess Diaries - Meg Cabot(Clarification: The first three in the series.) The perfect beach reading. Hilarious, heart-felt, and romantic. The movie, albeit wonderful, is completely different and I long for a true-to-the-book reboot.
- •The Harry Potter Series - HRM JK RowlingObvs.
- •Pride and Prejudice - Jane AustenIt's a new experience every time. Layers upon layers.
- •Where'd You Go Bernadette - Maria SempleEveryone should read this. It's invigorating. It's challenging. It's hysterical. It's wonderful. (Read it now.)
- •Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things That GoI nannied a little boy last year and we read this at least once a day. It is noteworthy because I almost never got tired of it, being extremely detailed and fun to read. If I ever have a child I will certainly buy this one.
- •PygmalionEliza Doolittle is the heroine we need. I think about her monologue in the last scene quite often.