Songs that changed my life
Small or big impact. It's all a change.
- •The Smiths - UnloveableFrankly, one of my favorite bands. This song served as a gateway towards the rest of the band's music. My music taste began to change as I discovered The Smiths. Don't we all feel unloveable at some point?
- •Taylor Swift - BreatheI remember this song being in the first album I ever bought with my own money. Although I haven't listened to this song in a while, I remember the impact it had on pre-teen me, when everything seemed like the end of the world.
- •John Mayer - ClarityIt reminds me of warm, summer days on a beach. Ironically, I've never played it at a beach, and I haven't been to one in years.
- •Barbra Streisand - Don't Rain on My ParadeThere's an underlying confidence in me that only unfolds when listening to masterpieces such as this one.
- •Elvis - Stuck on YouAgain, my music taste was terrible and it suddenly shifted as I listened to numerous of artists that have always been in the background of my life, but I've only recently taken the time to appreciate.
- •Chet Baker - My Funny ValentineWhen feeling blue.
- •James Taylor - Fire and RainThe day a classmate died, this song came up on the drive home. I didn't know the person, but the situation was a reminder that ends arrive.
- •Jewel - Near You AlwaysMy uncle had left a box of albums he had owned as a teenager at my grandmother's house. I found this album, Pieces of You, and was attracted to the simplicity of the cover. I listened to it throughout and loved it. To this day, I listen to Jewel and think of simpler times.
- •Lana Del Rey - For K Part 2My favorite song.