Some of my favorite words
No definitions. Look 'em up.
- •BellicoseMeans the opposite of what it sounds like
- •AphorismMakes me think of aphids
- •IrregardlessJust kidding. HATE this bastard word and everyone who doesn't understand the whole double-negative thing.
- •DefenestrationWhy is there a word for this, when there is no parallel word in the dictionary for misogynist? Literally, there is no word to describe people who hate men, but we have a word for throwing someone out a window. Wtf.
- •SynapseLove words with middle y's in general. Dysfunction. Synergy. Rhys. Abyss...
- •DomicileLearned from a linguist that all the fancy English words like this one are French in origin. And all the simple words, like "house" come from German influences.
- •QueueSo many vowels.
- •QuayOnly because it's pronounced "key" which doesn't make any sense at all.