Things I'm Going To Miss About My Mother When She's Dead
Or, trying to think good thoughts when all I want to do is kill her.
- •She is the only person in the world who is always genuinely happy to see me.
- •All the crazy stories about our relatives that I never pay attention to....and have never bothered to write down.
- •Her insatiable curiosityShe did 23-and-me before anyone had even heard of it. Turns out my whiter than white Irish mother is actually 6% black African.
- •Her irreverence"To get a PhD you just need an IQ of 110"
- •A million other things I can't think of right nowBut that will be immediately obvious to me the minute she is gone.
- •Relisting because she just died unexpectedly a few days ago, and they're all true.