SIGNS WE'RE WATCHING TOO MUCH NYPD BLUE
Justin and I found this channel that airs NYPD Blue repeats, commercial-free. So, we've started watching them in order, sometimes two a night, beginning with the pilot.
- 1.I catch myself thinking, "Now granted, I know I could never really be a cop, but I do think I could solve crimes pretty well." 👮🏻I've interrogated my kids into confessing to a hundred household misdemeanors before I've had my second cup of coffee, ok? Fuhgedaboutit.
- 2.My internal monologue now uses the voice of First Class Detective Andy Sipowicz, 15th Precinct. 🕵He's flawed, he knows that. But he knows how to get the job done.
- 3.When I was 16 I went to NYC for the first time and fell in love. I always imagined I'd live there one day, and now I often dream for one of my kids to live there when they're older. 🏙But now all I can imagine is this dirty, trash-infested cesspool of junkies and maniacs who will stop at nothing to get their next fix of narcotics. 💉💊☠🚬🗡🔫💣🔪⚖💰🚔
- 4.When I caught my mom in a white lie over Christmas my first thought was how the detectives always urge skells (suspects) to just shoot straight with them. If you lie, they can't help you! Don't lawyer up! Just confess! 😇So she hasn't listened to that Adele cd yet. So what! Only now because she lied at first, it calls every other birthday gift into question. I might need to run her through BCI. Get her in a lineup. 😒
- 5.I'm making this list instead of sleeping because the last episode we watched was particularly gruesome and creepy.Justin's sleeping like a baby. 😑 He'd make a good homicide detective.
- 6.I probably should listen to "Welcome to New York" by Taylor Swift. 💄That'll give me some positive NYC vibes again!Or maybe just take a break from NYPD Blue for a while.