A NOTE TO MY FUTURE SELF
Because present me is being a dumbass.
- •Hey you
- •You are allowed to like or dislike whomever you choose.You don't owe him a date or your time because he's nice. You don't owe him your number because he gave you attention.
- •Learn to say 'No'You're known for being the helpful one which is great, but that doesn't give anyone the right to take advantage of that. If you don't want to do it, say No.
- •Your friends are great for advice, but they're not always right.When they tell you to confront someone about an issue that you're not sure is existing, take a step back, and approach the situation rationally.
- •Not every conversation can be done through text.Phone calls are sometimes appropriate, as are discussions in-person. It may be easier to text it but don't cop out.
- •Taking time for yourself is okay.If you don't want to be out every night for a week, then stay home. There will always be other nights. You're not missing much, and you probably just need some time to recharge.
- •It doesn't matter who watches your snapchat or likes your photos.It's completely irrelevant. After all, how many do you skip through or like and not click on?
- •Stop trying to prove yourself by taking on multiple projects at once.It's better to take things on, one at a time and do a good job instead of taking on multiple and not spending enough time on each.
- •Don't take your work home with you.You're not getting paid to worry at home. Worrying won't help anything at work anyways. Separate your personal life from your professional life.
- •Stop basing all future dating prospects on your exes.Every situation is different, so just because you're scared, it doesn't mean the same thing will happen again.
- •Don't fret about the pastIt's over and thinking about it won't change anything. Just move on, and take it as a learning experience.
- •Stop complaining so much.Think positively, please? There's so much more ahead than your current worries. There's so much going on right now that could use your attention. Change your focus.
- •Love yourself.I know it's harder some days, but you've got a whole lot of love to give and some of that needs to be focused towards you before you can spread it to other people.
- •You've got this.There's not an anvil dropping. Don't wait for the worst to come during the good times. Just live.