ONE CHILDHOOD MEMORY I WOULD GO BACK AND RELIVE
There are so many. It's not so much a specific memory as it is a place though. Thanks for the request @BWN_7!
- •My family has always been big on camping, but when I was young, we would go almost every weekend.
- •There was one place that was really special to us. Mill Hollow Resevoir
- •You had to drive over a dam and if we timed it right, we could get spot #6. It was right across from the lake, was wide enough for tents to be next to the trailer and even have 2 trailers in one spot
- •One summer, I met my elementary school best friend there. It just so happened that the next summer, she was transferred to my school.
- •Another summer there I lost my favorite hat while in a boat on the lake. I cried as I paddled myself back to shore and my dad's friend gave me his fishing hat, which was almost just like it.I still have it in my parent's trailer, and it's been 12 years.
- •Another time I brought a friend and we stayed in a tent behind my parent's trailer. We'd sneak out to go 'hiking' which was really just us climbing up a big hill behind the spot.
- •I learned how to fish there.
- •I learned how to use a raft boat there.
- •I had the time of my life.
- •Years later the dam broke. Then when they fixed it, they had a randomly large invasion of insects that killed most of the trees. The next year they had to do a controlled burn to get rid of them. I haven't seen that place since I was 14 or so.
- •When I think back to my best memories, it was always sitting on a rock on the edge of the water with a book in hand.
- •Or I'd go back to when if bring my bike up there and run amuck around the whole campground.
- •I'd do anything to go back to any of those times. Because when I was young, that place felt like home.