WHAT MY OLDER COWORKER AND I TALK ABOUT
I supervise a woman 3 times my age and she's the coolest. If I wasn't her boss, I'd adopt her as my grandma.
- •RecipesShe has the best apple fritters ever and was willing to share the recipe. It's not actually a secret since she got it out of a magazine but she plays on the "family secret"
- •Coloring booksWe got adult coloring books from Barnes and Noble. I prefer to color mandalas while she likes the scenic pictures or ones with animals.
- •The guy in the office behind our desksWhen I caught him in a lie about his schedule and got upset, she guilt tripped him until he apologized and brought me candy. She's a gem.
- •Her husband's second houseShe says if they lived together 24/7 she would probably kill him, so he lives in a trailer on the other side of the state most of the time.
- •What's for dinner?If she's not making something for her husband or her daughter when they visit, she usually eats popcorn or KFC
- •How to handle rude customersMe: "that lady just tried telling me I needed anti-aging cream. I have baby face. That makes no sense. Did I suddenly age today?" Her: "No. Did you make sure to tell her she looked like shit?" 😂
- •Where to buy decent furniture"Don't buy any of that ikea shit for your apartment. A good couch will last you twenty years!"
- •Being an adult"I'm 66 and have a husband who is retired and keeps buying toys like 4 wheelers. Who gets stuck with that insurance? Me. Im never going to retire."
- •Getting what you want"If you ask for a printer and they don't give it to you, bug them until they do. They have the money, they're just being stingy."
- •So much more
- •I like her
- •I think I'll keep her