FAVORITE CANDY FROM MY CHILDHOOD AND BEYOND
I love candy. Here are some of my favorites from growing up I still enjoy now (when they can be found), and a couple others
- •1928 Recipe Dubble BubbleI once bought a bulk container of these ... 850 in all. I was in heaven and my jaw was in agony. (I was like 35 when I did this!)
- •Junior MintsAte a box of these every Sunday after a spaghetti lunch at Vince's in Ontario,Ca. The big play was asking someone for a quarter after the meal so I could go by one.
- •Green SuckersAlways liked the green ones, later found Green River Soda which is like drinking one!
- •M&M's PeanutKinda healthy
- •SpreesI can down a roll of these so fast on a road trip.
- •Red VinesBut hey gotta come out of the tub and they gotta be fresh.
- •Anything Made by Quin Candy CompanyNot from my childhood but ... Check out this artisanal candy company in Oregon! Smoked Cola Gummies? Yeah! Candy for adult palates Quincandy.com
- •Jelly BellysWhat can I say... I was a fan of Reagan and his favorite bean... What 6th grader could ask for more in a president? Separate list coming for best flavors
- •ZotzYou're sucking on candy then ... Bam! Sour foam explosion.
- •RazzlesFirst it's a candy then it's a gum... Whocould ask for anything more?
- •Fun DipWhen I went to college my freshman year, I bought a commercial sized package of these from a warehouse store... Like 30 in a box. Barely ate any. On the last night of school my roommate and I ate the whole box.
- •Wacky PackagesWho can forget the stale piece of gum in the wax package that contained cards parodying common products... Crust (Crest), Minute Lice (Minute Rice), L'oggs (L'eggs)