The Process: Thoughts While Creating My Father's Eulogy
The process going on in my head of being awarded the difficult & honorable task of speaking at my father's funeral by a non-writer & glossophobic lady.
- •Phase I: In denialWhat? Why? How? Me? Fuck.
- •Phase II: Ask for adviceBad idea. Everyone sucks.
- •Phase III: Let's get funnyJoke I: Card carrying member of the Dead Dad's Club // Joke II: "This is how you know you're an adult..."
- •Phase IV: AcceptanceRealizing that the joke route isn't going to fly since the only person that would laugh at your jokes is dead. #RIPpops
- •Phase V: Let's get seriousSitting down at a cafe with great coffee, useless wifi & handwriting favorite memories on paper. // Witty comebacks, favorite food he's made, quiet time with coffee, meowing instead of talking, etc.
- •Phase VI: Cry*Ah, shit. Let's face it. This isn't just reserved for this phase.
- •Phase VII: Slaying that eulogyBringing everyone to tears with my perfect eulogy. (Pending)