FILMS THAT MAKE ME CRY EVERY TIME V. FILMS THAT DON'T MAKE ME FEEL ANYTHING
I have strange priorities I guess
- •EVERY DAMN TIME 😭😭😭:
- •Brother Bear 🐻🐻One of the most underrated Disney films imho. Has a unique & meaningful plot but is SO so sad; I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it but there's a specific moment when I cry ugly tears every damn time.
- •Interstellar 🌌🚀💫Despite the nearly 3-hour run time, I really enjoy this movie because I'm obsessed with all things outer space. The parts that make me cry have less to do with space travel than with the relationship between Cooper & Murph; the father-daughter dynamic is super believable to me and really does me in.
- •Marley & Me 🐶💀Definitely the most embarrassing item on this list. Obviously movies where [SPOILER] the dog dies are always sad, but the worst part for me is the quote at the end: "A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"
- •Inside Out ❤️💛💚💙💜Full disclosure: I went to a matinée of this, by myself, at age 22. Everyone else in the packed theatre was either a mother or a small child. I was in a very bad place emotionally/mentally at the time and wept from the first scene through the entire thing... I can honestly say I cry every time because I haven't watched it since. (It was fantastic btw, don't get me wrong 😭😭😭)
- •I FEEL NOTHING 💁🏼💁🏼💁🏼:
- •The Notebook 📒💏I just can't make myself care about The Notebook. I think I didn't like Rachel McAdams' character and therefore didn't care about the romance. But then again I'm not exactly a romantic in any scenario, so maybe it's just a personal problem 😂
- •Titanic 🚢🚪I find it very hard to get emotionally invested in a story where I already know the ending. Sure, the acting/cinematography/editing are great! But I'm not gonna cry about it 💅🏼
- •P.S. I Love You 💀💌Again, this might just be my aversion to all things romantic. Otherwise it could be because I didn't see this one until after I had heard everyone raving about it, and it simply didn't live up to expectations. It's sad, for sure. But my eyes are dry 😈
- •Forrest Gump 🏃🏻🍤There is just a lot going on in Forrest Gump. I think the epic/fantastical nature of the plot makes it less real/serious to me and therefore makes me less likely to cry. Again, might just be too long & doesn't keep me emotionally invested for several hours. Also, Jenny is a bitch THERE I SAID IT