SCENES FROM A MISSOURI TO KANSAS COMMUTE
Most of the interesting things on the 30-minute drive are on the kcmo side.
- •A tag on this sign that has promised a community garden for YEARS asks "when?" Probably never. The developers just purchased the four corners of this street and it's going to look very different in a few years.
- •I live by a bonafide (ahem, bonerfide?) porn theater. Their hilarious ads describe its location as "the extreme east side of the plaza" (a really fancy shopping district a couple miles away.)
- •These beautiful murals have been popping up at the st. Vincent DePaul thrift store.
- •Allegedly a coffee shop called bad beans! It never looks open but I love the spray painted "wha cha need?" on the facade. It makes me think the owners are generous and love their neighborhood.
- •Finally, a red light! Look at that grassy median! Here come the cars! Woohoo, baby! (Clearly getting closer to Kansas)
- •Should I just like get on the highway and GO? See where the road takes me? Beyoncé is on the radio. It's tempting.
- •Ugh, no snacks at the snack table.
- •Ready to edit with my girls. Let's get that money! Happy work week y'all. I know it don't thrill you, hope it don't kill you.