Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Plus, I left an hour early one day because I didn't want to cry in front of my coworkers
- •Proceeded to buy a 6-pack of beer but then didn't drink it because I was scared it would turn me into an alcoholic
- •I'm from NYC and went to college in the Midwest, so pretty much all of my college friends aren't on the east coast and I don't speak with many of them for random and not so random reasons.After a while not being in the same city as someone or having the funds to visit each other makes it hard to keep in touch when life gets in the way.
- •We randomly ran into each other on campus because we're both attending the same graduate school, though very different programs.PLUS, I had been social media stalking her thinking, "is she in NYC?" building up the courage to message and BAM two days later there she is.
- •We hadn't spoken in like four years or even seen each other since college graduation almost 7 years ago.
- •Cleared out all "The Wahlburgers" and "Donny Loves Jenny" episodes on my DVR.The Wahlburgs! (Alma voice(inside joke))
- •Ended up watching the last half of the first Sex and the City Movie on Bravo and realized, "hey! I do like this movie".Whatever happened to the actor who played Smith?
- •Then watched the first half of the Sex and the City Movie during Bravo's double showing.I think we need a new fashion-y show with both S&C and Gossip Girl over.
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •Didn't got to prom.
- •Went to an all-girls boarding school (enough said).
- •Did go out with my friends and snuck back in after curfew because school staff was too busy to notice (not a normal occurrence, was very much looked after at school).
- •Don't regret missing prom. My school had enough fancy events that buying another dress to hang out with people that'd I lived with for four years and a not so awesome date seemed dumb.
- •My cousin for getting me coffeeGoing to grad school and working full time takes it toll, so that caramel macchiato was definitely needed
- •My best friend Kathy dealing with my co-dependence todayShe stayed with me at work so I wouldn't have to deal with my awkward coworker by myself
- •My mom sounding adorably sleepy on the phoneJust too cute
- •Lists (obvious)
- •Simple platform like Facebook before it became the Versailles of social media (@list don't ever change)
- •Funny people being funny.
Because this week should go down in history.
- •Official Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer was released
- •BOUGHT Star Wars: The Force Awaken tickets
- •Learned of the Gilmore Girls Netflix Revival
- •@alabamawhitman and Lauren Graham are collaborating again
- •Having to use big academic words in class again that no one really uses in the "real world", but you can't remember any big academic words because you've been working in the "real world" for five years.
- •Making grad school friends when they're intimidating big-word-using people.
- •Needing to become BFF with one of your professor/advisor otherwise you have no work or academic future.
FYI: This was a work trip.
- •My Trailways bus driver used the phrases "pill popping" and "peek a look" in his spiel about bad bus behavior.
- •The hotel restaurant played a heady mix of John Mayer's first album, Howie Day, Matt Nathanson and the Counting Crows. I had to hold back all the tears as my brain was bombarded with angsty high school flashbacks.
- •Barely had phone service or good wifi, which I don't normally care about except that it impeded my marathon game play of Marvel Puzzle Quest.
- 1.Played Marvel Puzzle Quest
- 2.Texted with my friend about Marvel Puzzle Quest
- 3.Joined an alliance on Marvel Puzzle Quest