My Trip to the Catskills
FYI: This was a work trip.
- •My Trailways bus driver used the phrases "pill popping" and "peek a look" in his spiel about bad bus behavior.
- •The hotel restaurant played a heady mix of John Mayer's first album, Howie Day, Matt Nathanson and the Counting Crows. I had to hold back all the tears as my brain was bombarded with angsty high school flashbacks.
- •Barely had phone service or good wifi, which I don't normally care about except that it impeded my marathon game play of Marvel Puzzle Quest.
- •Realized for the umpteenth time that I need to get my license after being dropped off at a bottom of a massive hill to walk up to my hotel because I didn't have an extra dollar to pay for the local bus driver to go off route.
- •Need to carry cash like an adult, so I don't have to scramble through my change purse for pennies to make twenty cents to pay for my local bus trip.
- •Local bus driver always carries disinfectant spray with him in case someone leaves their feces behind on the seat like they did earlier in the morning.
- •Small town bus drivers are friendlier than big city bus drivers and know many of their riders by name as well as their life stories.
- •28 is too old to visit a college campus, especially when you have a baby face and college kids ask you if you have any "papers".