MY THELISTAPP FAILS FOR TODAY
Lists I've tried to get going and other false-starts today
- •WALK TO WORK ENCOUNTERS. This list/walk had a great start but was missing the third heat (is that a thing?). Individuals in this list:
- •The old man who told me to "look up" while I was texting.I looked up—the sidewalk was clear. I continued forward assuming he was text-shaming me. In truth his friend was trimming a tree and I was in danger. Maybe close the sidewalk next time?
- •The dude "recently arrived from Honolulu"He was playing a harmonica in front of Samovar and stopped to ask me for bus fare. I had just given my change away, but he clearly did not believe me judging from his strong harmonical retort.
- •COMMENT FAILI confused @ChrisK 's list (how to at reply with possessive?) re. apple watches for a list written by an old friend, commented with a bit of an inside joke, and then—realizing my mistake hours later—decided to delete and rewrite even though it's now half the zinger it was meant to be (aka not a zinger).
- •TRIED TO START A LIST CALLED "THINGS MY BF SAYS TO ME AFTER CLIMBING OUT OF A DISSERTATION HOLE"This seemed promising. Eventually saw that items like "I'm into space now"(outer space) and the atomic bomb is my hook (paraphrased) are more compelling in the moment. This will stay in drafts.
- •BAR MEETUP FAILI'm currently at a bar in SOMA where the event I came for is tomorrow and my friends won't be here until then. Really good writing time. A wasted outfit.
- •A WINI JUST DISCOVERED HOW TO USE CAPS LOCK