I Hate That I'm Thinking This Way
Why is it never a boy I'm genuinely interested in?
- •There's a guy. He's a friend of mine. A past coworker.
- •Apparently, he has had a crush on me for years.
- •He barely ever flirted with me, much less told me how he felt.
- •He's been hanging out with us more often.
- •Two weeks ago, our friends were not-so-subtly pushing us together.
- •I ignored their efforts, talked to him like normal, like myself.
- •He was pretty shy. It was fine. But like, no fireworks.
- •I know that he wants to ask me out.
- •And while I could probably say yes, just to give it a try, I'm like 98% sure there's nothing there.
- •I hate being rejected as much as I hate rejecting someone.
- •But I can't tell if going out with him and giving him hope when I know it won't go past that one date would hurt him more and be unfair.
- •Basically I don't know how to girl.
- •I'm not even looking for advice, really. Just needed to get the thoughts out because they are exhausting.