Why Coming Back From a Month in Poland is the Worst
- •The English Language.For some reason, when I'm typing it and reading it, I don't realize how truly ugly it sounds. I'm used to Polish and other Slavic and Romance languages which are really incomparable.
- •I Can't Sleep.When I got home around 3pm yesterday, I was falling asleep in front of the TV for HOURS. I went to bed around 10, and now, here at 5am, I am wide awake. Thanks, jet lag.
- •I HAVE SO MUCH CLOTHES TO UNPACK.Granted, I won't be doing that for a few days since I'm staying at my parents house until Thursday, but still. The idea alone exhausts me.
- •Political News Everywhere.I just can't bear to watch it anymore. Honestly it pisses me off to my core and I miss just watching comedy at breakfast and the olympics at night without any breaking news interruptions about our corrupted government.
- •No More Dinners by Grandma.There's just something so different and special about food my family in Poland makes and even though all I've had since we landed was pizza, I already miss it.
- •I Miss My Family.This one is the most important and most heartbreaking and will be bringing me to tears for days. I. Miss. This.