FAVORITE THANKSGIVING SIDE DISHES, RANKED
Inspired by @bjnovak
- 1.My Uncle Mark's StuffingThe first year it appeared we all scoffed at it because it wasn't "Mama's Stuffin" made by my grandmother and was from a Martha Stewart recipe. Now it is vital. A family member almost got excommunicated when the leftovers were put on a hot stove and burned to a crisp.
- 2.GravyIt elevates everything.
- 3.OnionsBoiled. No bacon.
- 4.Sweet potatoes with brown sugar and butterSweet with the savory
- 5.Mashed potatoesThey're always there for me.
- 6.Party In Your Mouth DipBest dip out there courtesy of a church function my aunts went to for a religion we don't belong to. Ingredients: cream cheese, topped with apricot preserves mixed with Worcester sauce, covered with chopped scallions, sprinkled Gorgonzola cheese and topped with roughly chopped precooked bacon. Serve with wheat thins.