THINGS MY STUDENTS HAVE SAID ABOUT ME THAT THEY DIDN'T THINK I'D FIND OUT ABOUT
Middle school is horrible for everyone.
- •"Bisexual Barbie bitch."This one was carved into a table.
- •"Ms. Pope is dressed like Batman."But an adult said I looked very "mod."
- •"Without makeup on, Ms. Pope looks like the Grinch."I do not disagree.
- •"Ms. Pope was obviously a goth in high school."If by "goth" you mean "wore a white ribbon in my ponytail every day." Also, double popped collars.
- •"Ms. Pope's new haircut makes it look like her head is a weird shape."Well, your entire face is a weird shape because you're 12. Don't worry, you might grow into it.
- •"She's really, really mean, but you gotta admit she's got good style."Not mad.
- •"If Ms. Pope were a Greek god she'd be Hades."And this is my hell. Thanks!
- •"Ms. Pope is a witch."I fully embraced this one, for obvious reasons.
- •"I heard Ms. Pope wears all black because she has a black heart."My classroom management strategy is 85% wardrobe.
- •"Ms. Pope looks different than she used to. It's kind of like Kim Kardashian."Is it?