what happens to me at the gym
mental process of *attempting* to work out
- •walk in, semi mentally prepared for a workout
- •get on the elliptical, and set the timer for 20 minutestrying to convince myself I can run on a really high resistance for that long
- •get some netflix/music goingI'll need a distraction... The next 20 minutes will be torture.
- •i start running, slowly realizing the horrible decision I have made
- •i look down at the timer hoping i'm at least half way doneNope. Only 1 minute and 25 seconds has passed. MURDER ME.
- •after a gut-wrenching 8 minutes, i finally give in and accept i'm a failurei am just not made for cardio, okay workout gods???
- •i move on to some equipment i have no idea how to usebut... like that super in shape girl was using it just a second ago so it MUST be a good machine.
- •fail again.apparently you need upper body strength to like... lift.
- •"stretch"which means i change position every 5 minutes so i can watch my netflix without people judging me.
- •accept the fact that i am just not cut out for thisbut then still stay for a while because i don't want to be THAT person who leaves 30 minutes after getting there
- •hit the vending machine on the way out for a snickersi earned it! i mean i went to the gym right. you aren't you when you're hungry