8 Things I Remember
But things are much better today...
- •Using carbon paper on a typewriter and thinking Whiteout was the best invention ever
- •Picking up the phone and asking the neighbor to get off the party line so I could call the doctor ( but I really wanted to talk to my girlfriend ).
- •Coming in from ice skating all day and placing my frozen feet over the only heat register in the house that actually provided heat. It was pure agony but I did it anyway.
- •Our phone number: Frontier 7-3427.
- •Mixture of bacon, chicken, pot roast grease in a vegetable can on the stove that we used to make eggs, home fries, whatever. Why didn't it contain listeria or ecoli or something? Why am I still alive?
- •Using periods at the end of every sentence.
- •Spending all day mowing the lawn with a push reel mower and it still looked like crap when I was done.
- •My new fangled calculator that could actually give me the sine of an angle and by showing hello when I inputted 01134 and looked at it upside down (the other kind of 4).