My anxiety ridden life...
Ok, not actually a list.
- •I killed a chipmunk with my car today.I really, really tried to stop by it wasn't in time. I wanted to apologize but it was too late.
- •I parked the car in a spot where they were no "No Parking" signs.Went for a 1 hour walk and worried continuously about getting a ticket and the chipmunk.
- •I went back to check on the chipmunk but there were birds picking at it.I figured it was too late to make an apology. I'm sooo sorry for taking his life. I am so selfish. I should just walk everywhere.
- •Returning to my car after the walk I noticed there was no ticket.Had it blown off? Would I get double fined for not paying? Should I stop by the parking office to see if they had a record of my ticket?
- •Went to breakfast at a small diner and sat down and ordered.Was this a cash only place? What if I didn't have enough cash? I got up and checked the front door for Visa/MasterCard/Discover stickers and they were all there. That would be my defense. "I just assumed because there were stickers that you accepted payment by cards".
- •My breakfast arrived.It was good but I couldn't stop thinking about the payment method, the chipmunk, and the parking ticket. The bill arrived. I placed my Discover Card on the slip. Running through my mind: What if they take every card but Discover? I would be embarrassed. How about Visa? No. Cash only! The stickers were left in the door from a previous owner. I'm screwed.
- •The waitress picked up the slip and Discover Card."Back in a minute Hon." Whew! Got out of that one by the skin of my teeth!
- •I drove by the scene of the chipmunk accident again.He wasn't there! He must have been only stunned and run off!
- •I drove by where I parked previously.There were two new cars parked there. No tickets. Their tickets must have blown off too!
- •Got home and decided to make lunch.How long does peanut butter last anyway? Should I open a new one or just chance getting E. coli or listeria or something even worse? I'd better go out to lunch. What if the restaurant is Cash Only?
- •And so it goes.