8 THINGS DAD SHOULD BE
This is not an extensive list. Maybe you had this dad, maybe you didn't. You can redefine fatherhood in your family. Maybe you are this dad, maybe you aren't. You can be.
- 1.Provider...of shelter, food, fun, wisdom, and love.
- 2.Gentle ManGentleness is often conveyed solely as a feminine trait but it's not. If you aren't showing your kids what a gentle man looks like, who is?
- 3.Strong...spiritually, mentally, and physically.
- 4.HonorableWe all desire to raise honorable kids, those that others will look to, but are we being that man ourselves?
- 5.ConsistentConsistency is difficult in every arena of life. Many of us have managed to show up to work each day and work hard consistently, but let's make sure we show up to fatherhood each day and work hard consistently.
- 6.ApologeticThere are few better ways to teach your kids humility and strength than by being aware of your weaknesses and admitting when you're wrong.
- 7.AffectionateThe stone cold distant dad is long dead. It's up to us to show our sons and daughters healthy affection.
- 8.AdventurousTry as often as possible to make the extra effort and turn ordinary moments into extraordinary ones. Adventures don't have to be long trips or mountain hikes, they can take place right in your home. All it requires is some imagination, effort and patience.