📚 Fates and Furies, Week Three: My Unsolicited Advice for Mathilde and Everyone in Her Life 📚
Apparently I don't understand deadlines! @BookClub once again thank you, and I'm gonna finish this up REAL soon! Week Three readings really emphasized Mathilde's CRAZY upbringing, so let's dive in.
- •MathildeMourning is healthy. Make sure you make an effort to communicate with the outside world, though. This is your time to refind yourself as an individual. Also, I know exacting revenge on Chollie is SO tempting, but be careful!
- •Mathilde's parents... You just lost a child, you want to make it two in the same day? Wow, there's a special place in hell for parents who abandon a child who (maybe I'm reading too optimistically) unintentionally had a hand in her brother's death. SHE WAS 4, and you didn't put a gate on the stairs. Fuck off.
- •Mathilde's grandmotherDon't make your granddaughter sleep in a closet? Idk. Learn a valuable trade so you're not promoting prostitution to your granddaughter???? Fuck off.
- •Mathilde's uncle's driverGet a back bone and maybe report child abuse??? You seem like a nice enough guy, though, so you can stay.
- •Mathilde's uncleDon't be a shady fuck. And fuck off.
- •School bus driver in the hotel roomMourning is healthy, round 2. And don't call women sluts for exploring sexual freedom, so kindly fuck off.
- •RachelYou're doing exactly the right thing. Thank you.
- •LandI mean I guess you're alright, next time don't bother the widow and just go visit the cemetery though...
- •ArielGO SEE A THERAPIST AND THEN FUCK OFF. Thanks for sending our girl to college, I guess... But mostly just fuck off.
- •LottoKeep being ~crazy in love~ and I'm sorry you died before you could understand Mathilde's entire life story... But also... Fuck off for never really asking her about it????
- •ChollieFuck off. Wow. You are not a good person, and you were definitely not a good friend to Lotto before he died. I'll say it again: FUCK. OFF.