I Just Saw Your Bio & Wow 💯💯💯💯💯💯💯👏👏👏 (a Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde Celebration)
@lesleyann u r a 🌟 thx for this request!
- •MY LIST APP BIOElle Woods' presentation on Bruiser's behalf is something I quote on a daily basis.
- •AVOIDING THE CURSE OF THE SEQUELLegally Blonde took the sequel head on and said NAH we boutsta kill it. No one's saying it's better than the first one, but it was innovative but kept the spirit of the first, displaying using your power as a woman to GSD.
- •THE CASTSally Field. Regina King. Bob Newhart. Mary Lynn Rajskub. OK YEAH. Plus all the greats from the first one: Reese, Luke, Jennifer... Miss Selma Blair and Holland Taylor, but truly a small price to pay for these greats.
- •THE PLOTYou mean "Ms. Woods Goes To Washington?" This is the gist: girl wants her dog's mom at her wedding, finds out she is a make-up testing animal, and PASSES A BILL TO STOP IT. Elle is unstoppable.
- •THE SNAP CUPStaff bonding through compliments? Can't believe Sally Field's staffers didn't catch on right away. This is genius.
- •YOU LOOK LIKE THE FOURTH OF JULY...This quote is perhaps the most memorable, spoken by Paulette when she sees Elle off to Washington, D.C. Iconic.
- •YOUR DOGS ARE GAY.Who could forget when Elle and her congressman friend had dogs who were gay for each other? Bonding over the ability for your "children" to express your sexuality makes this movie very progressive for the early 2000s!
- •THE DOGGYSTYLE DANCEThis was vital to this film's success. Dancing to get congresspeople's attention for Bruiser's Bill turned into the most memorable scene. http://youtu.be/BD8RX7hQpgw
- •STAND UP!The final speech that gets the bill the signatures it needs once again has Elle talking about the basics of hair care. And once again, it gets the job done. And it's actually kind of motivational to speak up -- not only for yourself, but for others who might not have the voice or opportunity you have.
- •IN CONCLUSION...I love Legally Blonde, and I just want the sequel to get the respect it deserves. I think I'm just going to do "best sequels" list, where this will be right at the top.