My Most Memorable Reading Experiences
Or, I apparently remember every book I've ever read on a plane?
- •Sitting in my room blasting Lissie's "Don't You Give Up On Me" while chugging through the end of All the Light We Cannot See.
- •Sitting in the Rome airport on the floor parsing through the beginning of Middlesex while my parents check out a rental car.
- •Tanning on my deck and reading the death scene at the end of Madame Bovary, a month after I was supposed to have finished the book for class.
- •Reading the entirety of Still Alice on a plane on the way to school and finishing it in my dorm room without saying hello to my friends.
- •Crying through The Fault in Our Stars on a plane, while an elderly woman asks if I'm OK and if I need anything.
- •Leafing through the first few chapters of The Scarlet Letter while missing school to be in a Coen Brothers movie.
- •Reading @mindy's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me on my first plane ride to Europe, cover to cover.
- •My dad reading me the first Harry Potter before bed, and getting annoyed but not showing it when I would read some without him.
- •Reading the entirety of Where'd You Go, Bernadette on a plane on the way to school and finishing it in my dorm room without saying hello to my friends.
- •Finishing The Help in a bathtub in a Miami hotel right before I moved into my freshman dorm room.