One Book, One Movie, & One Album That I Think Everyone Should Read, Watch, & Hear (Plus a Few More)
Thanks for the request, @dustinboone! All of my favorites happened to be created by men, but the majority of my entertainment preferences are led by women, so I had to represent that.
- •BOOK: Middlesex, Jeffrey EugenidesAmerican history! Immigration! Sexuality!
- •BOOK: NW, Zadie SmithRace discussions! A day in the life! Writing styles, plural!
- •MOVIE: Her, Spike JonzeForbidden love! Technology! The cast (ScarJo, Joaquin Phoenix, Rooney Mara, Amy Adams, Olivia Wilde, Chris Pratt... This was tailor made for me)!
- •MOVIE: Lost in Translation, Sofia CoppolaLoneliness! Foreign locations! More ScarJo! (You can probably tell my personal brand is "movies that were nominated for Best Original Screenplay")
- •ALBUM: For Emma, Forever Ago, Bon IverThe Wolves! Skinny Love! Creature Fear! Every song is perfect.
- •ALBUM: 4, BeyoncéI Care! 1+1! Countdown! Again, every song is perfect. And this is better than her self-titled album, fight me.