Shows That Should Have Been Nominated for the 2016 Best Comedy Emmy Instead of Modern Family
It's been long enough, wouldn't you say?
- •You're the WorstI don't know how more people don't know about this show, every critic said there should be some nominations for acting at the very least.
- •Jane the VirginThere is no weak spot on this show? What's the problem?
- •Crazy Ex-GirlfriendAt the very least home girl should have gotten a Best Actress nod. The VERY least.
- •GirlsBest season since the first... Stellar stuff.
- •BoJack HorsemanDo animated shows count?
- •The Carmichael ShowProbably can't have two black family sitcoms at once, right? 🙄
- •Fresh off the BoatThe best family sitcom you skipped since you got Black-ish.
- •Brooklyn 99Best ensemble workplace comedy since Parks. But I guess we shouldn't be surprised it got shafted, just like its predecessor.
- •Bob's BurgersStill unsure about animated shows...
- •Broad CitySo niche but so good.
- •CasualIf it's good enough for a Golden Globe nod, it's good enough for me. Also, Michaela Watkins deserves so much more, what a solid performance.
- •Difficult PeopleMuch like Broad City, niche as hell about Jewish New Yorkers, but always gets an LOL out of me.
- •It's Always Sunny in PhiladelphiaHas it ever been nominated? Isn't it high time?
- •Lady DynamiteIt might have just missed the cutoff? But wow what a unique vision held up by great performances... Give the Arrested Development award you always meant to!
- •CatastropheI honestly haven't seen it but I have only heard good things, might as well put that in MF's place!
- •SuperstoreAnother great workplace comedy! Maybe not ready for Emmys, but a super solid start and would be a great Golden Globe nom next year!
- •Playing HouseLadies! Does anyone remember Jessica and Lennon's six-episode show on NBC, Best Friends Forever? That was great. This is even better.