The Best Characters in "The Characters" on Netflix
Thanks to @clairegee for getting me to start watching! Overall notes: all the lady episodes (1, 4, and 5) are better than all the dude episodes — watch those at the very least!
- 1.Lauren LapkusThe woman struggling with her luggage getting onto the bus. And the stripper dancing (humping?) to Ben Folds.
- 2.John EarlyThe lip syncing at the very end. And the Southern mom comedian looking for her denim!
- 3.Henry ZebrowskiBeing on the cross next to Jesus as J's followers watched on.
- 4.Kate BerlantLiterally everything. Perfect from top to bottom. If you're gonna watch one episode, let it be this one!
- 5.Natasha RothwellAll three (four?) characters waiting for jury duty. And the entire Basic Bitch rap.
- 6.Paul W. DownsThe Danish MTV VJ. And the Bible publisher going over his notes of the book. Side note: so exciting to see Abbi Jacobson doing something non-Broad City!
- 7.Tim RobinsonThe dad singing a lullaby for his daughter and her inevitable boyfriend.
- 8.Dr. BrownThis is a fascinating (dare I say... avant-garde) episode but the three characters are intentionally exactly the same. No stand outs. Except the woman teaching him how to sing "Michael Row the Boat Ashore."