The Tracklist for My New Album
This is a concept album describing the past year of my life, from leaving college and entering the real world, and all of the crazy adventures that entailed. The album is called FUNEMPLOYMENT: A MAY-DECEMBER ROMANCE.
- 1.90 to 50 (Introduction)Samples "9 to 5" by Dolly Parton, starting regularly, morphing into a Cuban beat, then morphing to a folkier rendition, ending a cappella.
- 3.Watch ItThis is a double entendre telling people to back off but also to watch my favorite TV shows. Reasons Why My Friends Said They Wouldn't Watch My Favorite Shows 📂
- 4.Apathetic (Interlude)
- 5.Over(it)alls (Act I)Hate everything except for my overalls. Very on brand for me.
- 7.Liminal (Interlude)Low quality demo of me singing Britney's "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman" with a producer cutting in with advice and more ominous background music.
- 8.I Am Not My Hair (India.Arie Cover)
- 9.Count UpSamples Beyonce's Countdown sample but in reverse.
- 10.Ephemeral (Interlude)
- 11.Over(it)alls (Act II)I'm REALLY over everything except my overalls.
- 12.Pig and Pug
- 13.0 to 60 (Coda)Singing Rihanna's "Shut Up & Drive," slowly, then getting faster and faster until you hear a tape being ejected from a boombox, put back in its case, footsteps, and a door slam.