Things on the Walls of My Childhood Room
- •Homemade Mondrian paintingI love me some 20th century modernist art movements, and this seemed like the easiest to reproduce.
- •Set piece from Charlie and the Chocolate FactoryFive years ago I played Augustus Gloop (fat suit and all) in a children's theatre production of Charlie and the Chocolate factory, and this was a window covering in a giant clock that I popped my head through every time a new kid got taken away by the Oompa Loompas.
- •Caricature circa age 8I think this was from my dad's work event many years ago. This is still the aesthetic to which I aspire today.
- •Canvas print of cassettesI just though it was cool and a good addition to my music corner (some African drums, a keyboard, and my CD collection).
- •State quarter collectionNot technically ON my wall, but it is prominently on display. VERY proud of this, still collecting the national parks quarters.
- •Portrait painted by my dad circa age 10Bless his heart and his painting phase that lasted about six months. I know it looks like a monkey but honestly it was pretty accurate upon its creation.
- •The Notorious PUG printGenerous birthday gift from the squad, combining my love of hip hop culture and pugs. Related, I used to own a Notorious B.I.G. poster and had it up for two years of college.
- •Needlepoints made by my momHad these since I was a wee baby. Which makes the top one weird because we never had a dog growing up...
- •College diplomaAlso not ON the wall... Thanks for sending me to college, parents!
- •IDK how to explain this one¯\_(ツ)_/¯