Already on li.st? Open in app.
I swear I'll actually go through with these.. most definitely...probably...maybe..hopefully...
- 1.Have an overall healthier life style.In all aspects of my life. This means no more fast food, cutting out the copious amount of weed I smoke a week, drinking less, as well as just being more positive. Starting January 1st, I'll be finally taking on the "whole 30" diet as well as starting P90X. I also want to get 8 hours of sleep every night from now on. That's important
- 2.Read at least 10 booksMy favorite form of procrastination seems to be buying medical related books, but the amount of note taking and googling inhibits my ability to read them in a timely fashion. I want to use my downtime more productively.. More reading and writing, and less rotting my brain with 4 hour marathons of "The Office."
- 3.Film a full length skateboarding video part.All I need is two minutes and thirty seconds. It's plausible, yet possibly the most unrealistic goal on this list.
With December 30th rolling around, it's time for the annual year in review.
- •The Good:I was able to shadow two influential doctors in the neuroscience field that helped me further pursue my passion of becoming a doctor.
- •I've made huge strides as both a musician as well as a skateboarder. Being able to see the progress after putting in the effort is extremely fulfilling. "Ten thousand hours is the magic number of greatness."
- •I watched the New York Mets almost win a World Series. Baseball was my first love, and being able to see the mets win a playoff game live and In person still makes me crack a smile. My "groundhog day" would be October 18th.
Could use some cheering up
I am usually unflappable when it comes to tear jerkers, but sometimes gangster flicks and Romantic comedies just get the best of me.
- •1. Boyz n the HoodI find myself screaming at the television in similar fashion to the stereotypical African American in a movie theater. Even when you know it's coming, its still as gut-wrenching as ever.
- •2. Adam Sandler's Click.I don't think there's another Adam Sandler movie that can make a person contemplate their existence.
- •3. HardballMy god.. RIP G-baby